Please read the attached document which details the bowling events involving our Club during the week beginning Monday 24 July.
The National Championships are being held at Ayr, Northfield this week.
As we are sure you are aware, we have 3 representatives competing in these Championships this week. This is a great honour for the Club and for the players involved.
Faye Stevens, playing in the Senior Ladies’ Singles, has her first round game today (Sunday 23 July) at 5.00pm and, hopefully, will have potentially two games on Monday and, if successful, two further games on Tuesday. All the best, Faye.
Chris Bentley will compete in the Ladies’ Singles and has her first round game on Tuesday 25 July at 11.30am against Gilmerton B.C. If successful, Chris will play one further game each day through to the Final on Saturday afternoon. Good luck, Chris.
Stuart Campbell, our representative in the Gents’ Singles, will also have his first round match at 11.30am on Tuesday 25 July against Sanquhar B.C. If he wins that game, then Stuart will also potentially have a further match each day until the Final on Saturday 29 July. Stick in, Stuart.
We have our annual ‘Mixed’ Friendly against the Centurion B.C. on Thursday 27 July at 6.30pm on the green. We are sure everyone involved will have a great evening.
Please note that the green will be closed all day on Friday 28 July for fertilisation.
Finally, a wee heads-up for some upcoming events in August :
1. The Ladies’ Championship Final between Theresa Blair and Jean Meiklejohn will be held on Saturday 5 August at 2.00pm. Please try to get along to the Club to support Theresa and Jean in this very important match.
2. The Club has its annual Invitation Pairs competition on Sunday 6 August. There is a list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard for those members (and their partners from other Clubs) who wish to play in this event. Please note that there will be an entry fee of £10 per pair for this competition.
3. Our Senior Gents have their annual Hyland Rigg competition on Friday 11 August starting at 2.00pm. There is still time to add your name to the list on the Senior Gents’ Noticeboard if you wish to participate.
4. Our Ladies have their annual Clark Fours competition on the green on Sunday 13 August starting at 1.30pm. There is a list on the Ladies’ Noticeboard if you wish to participate in this event.
5. The Gents will have their annual Friendly at home to Blackhall B.C. on Wednesday 16 August at 6.15pm. There is a list on the Gents’ Noticeboard for those gents wishing to play in this match.
6. The annual Cathy Connet Trophy competition will be held on Saturday 19 August at 2.00pm. There is a list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard for those members who wish to participate.
7. The annual Sanderson Invitation Triples is scheduled for Saturday 26 August with a start time to be determined depending on numbers involved. There is a list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard for those members and their guest(s) who would like to be involved.
8. The annual Ladies vs Gents match will be held on Sunday 27 August at 2.00pm. There are lists on both the Ladies’ and Gents’ Noticeboards for those who would like to play in this very enjoyable afternoon.
9. Finally, the annual Ladies’ Page Two-Bowl Pairs is scheduled for Monday 28 August at 1.30pm. Please add your name to the list on the Ladies’ Noticeboard if you wish to participate in this competition.
The Management Committee