Please read the attached document which details the bowling events involving our Club during the week beginning Monday 20 June.
Firstly, commiserations to our Gents’ Pairs (Jim Connor and Bernie Callaghan) and to our Gents’ Triples (Dougie Wilson, George Richardson and Stuart Campbell) who lost in their respective Bowls Scotland District 15 Finals at Whitehouse & Grange last Friday evening. Hard lines, guys, but congratulations in getting to the Finals.
There are several North & West Senior Knockout games on this week. On Monday afternoon, our Singles representative (Donald MacKay) is in action against Blackhall B.C. while our Pairs (Les Brown and Alex Fisher) also take on Blackhall. Both of these ties are at home with a start time of 1.45pm. On Thursday afternoon, our Triples (Ian Fraser, Ronnie Clark and Brian Howe) have a match against Goldenacre B.C. away at 1.45pm and then, on Friday afternoon, our Fours (Angus McGarry, Ian Pickard, Alan Mather Snr and Ian Murdoch) take on Trinity B.C. at home also at 1.45pm. Good luck, guys.
On Friday 24 June, we are hosting the Ladies’ Bowls Scotland Junior Singles Final at 6.30pm. This match involves two girls from Sighthill B.C. and will be a cracking game. Please try to get along to the Club on Friday to see a couple of the best young bowlers in Edinburgh in action.
On Sunday 26 June, the Ladies’ Bowls Scotland District 15 Finals are being held at Carrickknowe B.C. We will be represented in 3 disciplines in this prestigious event. Chris Bentley will take on Bainfield B.C. in the Senior Singles at 10.00am and will be in action again against Braid B.C. in the Singles at 2.00pm. Our Triples (Faye Stevens, Gladys Christie and Moyra Ferrier) have a match against Bainfield B.C. at 2.00pm. All the best, ladies. Please try to get along to Carrickknowe next Sunday afternoon to support the girls in their quest to reach the National Championships at Ayr in July.
Finally, a reminder of a couple of upcoming events.
1. The lists for the Senior Ladies’ Singles and Triples must be completed by 21 June. Please add your name if you wish to play in these competitions.
2. There is a list on the Ladies’ Noticeboard for entry to this year’s Clark Triples to be played on Sunday 10 July. Names must be added by 24 June.
3. The annual Open Singles competition (aka Bowls & Barbeque) organised by Scott Mitchell takes place on Saturday 2 July starting at 10.00am. Please add your name to the list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard if you wish to participate.
4. The Millar Cup for Mixed Pairs will be held on Sunday 3 July on the green at 2.00pm. There is a list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard for those pairs wanting to compete.
5. The annual Centenary Trophy is scheduled for Saturday 16 July starting at 2.00pm. Again, there is a list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard for those members wanting to be involved.
Please note that the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard is on the wall to the left of the Ladies’ locker-room door.
The Management Committee