Please read the attached document which details the bowling events involving our Club during the week beginning Monday 26 June.
Firstly, congratulations to our Ladies’ Four (Evelyn Lowe, Ronnie McLaren, Marcia Norton and Joan Mitchell) who won the East of Scotland District Final last Tuesday at Juniper Green. They will now compete in the next stage of the competition against winners from other areas. Well done, ladies.
Our ladies compete in the EWBA Top Ten first round away to Willowbrae B.C. on Monday afternoon at 2.00pm. All the best, girls.
The first rounds of the North & West Knockouts take place this week. On Monday afternoon, our Pairs (Les Brown and Alex Fisher) take on Tanfield B.C. at home starting at 1.45pm. Then on Friday afternoon, our Triples (David McGuire, Ronnie Clark and Brian Howe) will be in action at Dean B.C. while our Fours (Angus McGarry, John Cowe, Alan Mather Snr and Ian Murdoch) will be at home to Goldenacre B.C. Both of these matches start at 1.45pm. All the best, guys.
On Sunday 2 July, the annual Millar Cup competition for Mixed Pairs will be held on the green at 2.00pm. We are certain that everyone involved will have a wonderful afternoon.
On Sunday evening, hopefully our EBA Mixed Rink (Chris Bentley, Ronnie Clark, Pat Clark and Bill Cumming) will be in action at Hillside at 6.30pm. All the best, guys and gals. In addition, we are hosting 4 Mixed Rink ties on the green at the same time.
Finally, a wee reminder of several upcoming events :
- Please note that the lists for entry to the Senior Gents’ Pairs and Triples will be closed on Tuesday 27 June. There is still time to add your names to these lists if you wish to take part.
- There is a list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard for the annual Open Singles (aka Bowls & Barbeque) on Saturday 8 July. Please add your name if you want to be involved in this very enjoyable day.
- The Ladies have their annual Clark Triples competition on Sunday 9 July at 2.00pm
- The annual Ladies’ Friendly away to Kilmarnock B.C. will be held at 2.00pm on Tuesday 11 July.
- We will be holding the Centenary Trophy competition on Saturday 15 July at 2.00pm. There is still time to add your name to the list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard if you wish to participate.
- The annual Strawberry Fayre will be held on Sunday 16 July starting at 2.00pm. There will be a list in the main hall in the Clubhouse for those members (and family and friends) who wish to be involved. This is always a very good day. Please try to get along to the Club to support it.
The Management Committee