Please read the attached document which details the bowling events involving our Club during the week beginning Monday 4 September.
Firstly, congratulations to our Ladies’ Triples (Theresa Blair, Pat Reid and Joan Mitchell) who won the Final of the Water of Leith Championships last Wednesday beating Sighthill B.C. at Colinton. Well done, ladies.
Also, congratulations to the following who won their Finals last week :
1. Angus McGarry and Bernie Callaghan for the Club Pairs
2. Theresa Blair who won the Senior Ladies’ Championship
3. Jean Hildersley, Ronnie McLaren and Theresa Blair who won the Senior Ladies Triples
4. Pat Reid and David McGuire for the Birnie Mixed Pairs
5. Jean Meiklejohn and Theresa Blair who won the Ladies’ Nominated Pairs
Well done, guys and gals.
Stuart Campbell will compete in the EBA Tait Trophy (Champion of Champions) this week. His first game will be against the London Road Foundry B.C. champion on Friday evening at 6.15pm at Seafield. If Stuart wins this match, then he will have potentially two games on Saturday 9 September at 11.00am and 2.00pm at West End. Then, if successful in these games, he will compete in the semi-final and (potentially) the final at Northern B.C. on Sunday 10 September at 11.00am and 2.00pm respectively. All the best, Stuart. Please try to get along to support him if you can.
Please note that the draw for this season’s Murdoch Trophy is now on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard. This draw involves the finalists of 8 qualifying competitions over the year. Please check the Noticeboard for the closing dates for each round. The date for the first round matches is Friday 8th September.
Our Ladies have their annual Friendly away to Blackhall B.C. on Tuesday afternoon at 2.00pm. We are sure that everyone involved will have a great time.
Also on Tuesday afternoon, the Senior Gents’ North & West Knockout Finals will be held at Willowbrae at 1.30pm. Our Pairs (Les Brown and Alex Fisher) will take on Dean B.C. Stick in, guys.
There are several Competition Finals scheduled this week.
On Monday afternoon at 2.00pm, a match involving Charlie Sweeney and Tom Mitchell against Bernie Callaghan and David Sutherland will decide the outcome of the Senior Gents’ Nominated Pairs.
Then on Saturday afternoon, we have three Finals viz,
– The Ladies’ Two-Bowl between Jean Meiklejohn and Theresa Blair at 2.00pm
– The Ladies’ Sutherland Quaich involving Val Mather against Gladys Christie also at 2.00pm
– The Gents’ Blyth Pairs with John Donoghue and Scott Jackson taking on Bob Page and Keith Rutherford at 4.00pm .
And on Sunday afternoon at 2.00pm, there are three Finals scheduled viz.
– The President’s between Dougie Wilson and John Greig
– The Vice-President’s involving Ronnie Clark against Iain Norton
– The Senior Gents’ Triples with Tom Wallace, Neil Sutherland and Les Brown in action against David McGuire, Mohindra Dhall and Bernie Callaghan
All the best to everyone involved. Please try to get along to the Club to support the players in these Finals.
Finally, a wee heads-up for some upcoming events :
1. On Wednesday 13 September, the annual Ladies v Senior Gents for the Carruth Trophy is scheduled at 2.00pm. There are lists on both the Ladies’ and Senior Gents’ Noticeboards for those members wanting to play.
2. The annual Senior Gents’ Friendly at home to Carrickknowe B.C. is scheduled for 2.00pm on Friday 15 September. We have a full squad for this match and we are sure everyone involved will have a wonderful afternoon.
3. The annual RugBowl Trophy competition between ourselves and Corstorphine Rugby Club will be held on the green at 2.00pm on Sunday 17 September. Currently, there are only 14 names on the list of participants. Please add your name to the list on the ‘Mixed’ noticeboard if you wish to play.
4. The Ladies have their annual Friendly away to Carrickknowe B.C. on Tuesday 19 September at 2.00pm. There is a list on the Ladies’ Noticeboard for those who wish to play in this match.
The Management Committee