Please read the attached document which details the bowling events involving our Club during the week beginning Monday 11 July.
The Ladies have their annual Friendly match with Kilmarnock B.C. at home on Tuesday 12 July at 2.00pm. We are sure that everyone involved will have a great afternoon.
Our Gents take on Juniper Green B.C. at home in the first round of the Top Ten competition on Tuesday 12 July at 6.30pm. All the best, guys.
The Gents’ EBA Knockouts begin on Thursday 14 July with our Pairs (Jim Connor and Bernie Callaghan) taking on Juniper Green B.C. at Ardmillan at 6.45pm. Good luck, boys. In addition, we are hosting 4 Knockout ties on our green at 6.45pm.
Our Gents take on Queensberry B.C. in the quarter-finals of the EBA Edinburgh Cup at home on Friday 15 July at 6.45pm. All the best, guys.
The annual Centenary Trophy is scheduled for Saturday 16 July at 2.00pm. The draw for this competition will be posted on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard later in the week. Please check the board if you are participating in this very enjoyable afternoon.
The Bowls Scotland National Championships kick off on Sunday 17 July with our Senior Ladies’ Singles representative, Chris Bentley, in action against Nairn B.C. at Noon. All the best, Chris. If successful on Sunday, Chris will have another game on the Monday and potentially further matches on both Tuesday and Wednesday.
Finally, a wee ‘heads-up’ about upcoming events :
- The Strawberry Fayre will be held on the green (and in the Clubhouse) on Sunday 24 July at 2.00pm. Please bring along family and friends to this very sociable event with a game of bowls accompanied by some strawberries and ice-cream.
- We have our annual ‘mixed’ Friendly against Centurion B.C. on Thursday 28 July on the green at 6.30pm. We are looking for 3 mixed rinks for this game. Please add your name to the list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard if you are available to play in this game.
- The Ladies’ Captain’s Charity Pairs competition is scheduled for Saturday 30 July starting at 10.00am. There is still time to add your name (and that of your ‘external’ partner) to the list on the Ladies’ Noticeboard.
- Our Senior Gents’ will hold the annual Hyland Rigg competition on Friday 5 August at 2.00pm. There is still time to add your name to the list on the Senior Gents’ Noticeboard if you can play in this event.
- We will be hosting the annual Invitation Pairs competition on the green on Sunday 7 August. Please add your name (and that of your ‘external’ partner) to the list on the ‘Mixed’ Noticeboard if you wish to participate in this very enjoyable day.
The Management Committee